Child’s i Foundation is responsible for the content we publish on-line, whether in a blog, social network site or any other form of user-generated media. We are mindful that what we publish will be public for a long time and we take care to protect privacy and understand a site’s terms of service.
- We always obtain permission before posting films or images of others, or before posting copyrighted information.
- We always express ideas and opinions in a respectful and sensitive manner.
- We respect our audience and show consideration for others’ privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory—such as politics and religion.
- We don’t reference clients, partners or suppliers without their approval.
- We believe in transparency and honesty.
FILM AND IMAGES
Film and images are an essential element in showing the work we do at Child’s i Foundation. Our aim is to honestly portray the babies and families, while maintaining their respect and seeking signed consent before telling their story.
- We always obtain signed consent from parents / guardians before taking and using photographs, film and audio of the babies.
- We always explain to the parent / guardian the likely use of their images to ensure fully informed consent has been gained.
- We never use images of babies whose parent / guardian does not want to take part, or who are unable to give consent.
- To protect confidentiality, the names of the babies are always changed. The names of adults are only changed if they specifically request it to be changed.
- The exact location (i.e. village or community) of an individual is never published.
THIRD PARTY USE OF IMAGES
- If an image is to be used by another organisation, approval must be sought from Child’s i Foundation prior to use.